Hot or not?

>> Feb 19, 2009

I'm having a hard time understanding what makes a nightclub hot or not. In my honest opinion Narcissus is the best place in Bangkok at the moment. OK, if you don't like dance music (techno) you will not enjoy it. That I can understand and that eliminates a bunch of people as potential customers. But there is a lot of people here in the city who would love this place if they just gave it a chance. The interior would be cool in any major city in the world, the music is the best dance music in Bkk, the staff are friendly and there is no cover fee. Maybe this is the problem?

When people exit the places that close at 2 am (now most are pushing it to 3 am) there are scores of taxi drivers waiting to take you to Spicy or some of the other places, Spicy seems to be the most popular among the drivers though. This is because they get a god commission for every person they bring to these places, something to remember when you negotiate your fare. I mostly never pay to go to these places and if I do I always insist on using the meeter. If you don't charge a cover fee it's hard to pay commission for anyone bringing business.

This selling of Spicy by the drivers might be one of the reasons why Narcissus hasn't taken off yet. Don't get me wrong there is still a good turn up on the weekends but I was there yesterday night and there were not many people there. We ended up going to Scratch Dog, around 4.30, which had a bigger crowd. I don't like it as much though.

What I don't understand is why people insist on going go places like Bed Supperclub on the weekends when it's so packed that it takes half an hour to get to the bathrooms?? I like Bed, just not on the weekends. Or why people hang out in Tunnel or Spicey when they have the option of going to Narcissus which is totaly in another league. Try it and let me know what you think.

Now don't go and think I write this for the owners sake! I don't know them and I don't have any financial interests in the place but I like it and I want it to be a success so I can keep going there instead of hanging out in the dirty and shady places like Spicey, Tunnel or Boss. They are fine as long as there is no better option but now there is!

For you who don't know where it is I have a link at the bottom of the page. You go in on Soi 23 from Sukhumvit, pass Soi Cowboy, and take the first soi to the right, almost where it ends in a T-junction you'll find it on your right.

0 comments:

About This Blog

Due to some personal problems my monetary situation is a bit tight. I started this blog as a way to ventilate my thoughts and with the hope to make some extra income, that has yet to be seen though. ;-P

My personal Bangkok hotspot toplist

1. Narcissus
2. Bed Supperclub
3. Lucky VII
4. Slim in RCA
5. S23, no people but a great band.

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Dirty Sexy Bangkok

Back to TOP